Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Big move, Little plants, Gorilla Gardening Ideas

First off let me say I'm sorry I haven't posted in a while.  I kinda of put the garden in hibernation mode while I searched for a new apartment. I have to say that I found a great one. I have approximately 90 square feet of south facing balcony, 90 more square feet of north facing balcony to play with now. Both areas have a unobstructed view to the west. Since the sun is the best light source of light that is free I decide to do an out door grow in coco coir for the summer season.
My ghost peppers are very small for their age because I did not have room to transplant them all. I do not think they will every fully catch up but they will still produce a great crop of inferno hot peppers for my kitchen.  Also before my move I took cutting of my tiny tim tomatoes to compare how the do out doors. Lastly I plan on growing some lettuce and strawberries. I know that something else will catch my eye while I am at the store so my verity might be added as the season progresses.
This will also be my first organic garden. I will will be using the Botanicare Pure Blend Pro series to start and expand from there. The reason for the organic grow was that I also felt bad  pouring nutrient salts down the drain during reservoir changes. Second that this new apartment complex has lots of small children playing out side and I feel organic fertilizer would be less toxic if they some how came in contact with the run off.
Behind my building is a large storm water run off area and I would love some input on what I could do with it. My land lord is super laid back so that's not a problem unless I destroy something. Also please also remember I live in Northern Missouri.

Nutrient deficiency
Smooth Leather texture. I have no idea what from.


Found it when I was transplanting. anything that trys to live that hard should be aloud to.
This where the spend the night in case of frost
The Gorilla Garden Area. Please submit ideas

No comments:

Post a Comment