Friday, June 10, 2011

Botranicare Pure Blend Pro Series Review

Botanicare Pure Blend Pro series is a 2 part or 3 part depending on how you use it. Grow (3-2-4) and Bloom(2-3-5) are all you really need in my opinion but you might have to add a bit of calcium somehow if you do not buy the "Soil(1-4-5)" part. I put the "soil" part in quotations because even though it is called soil it is used in every feeding chart, even the hydroponics one, and is used at the end of the bloom cycle. I did not chose to buy the simple reason that I vegetables and not "High Value Crops" so the extra nitrogen in my plants maintains vegetative growth while fruits are maturing.

Grow

The grow I liked a lot. It is organic which is a new field for me so this was a goog first experience. I felt It did a great job giving my young plants a good start. The application rate was excellent at 1 to 1.5 ml per liter. In my Ghost peppers I did not notice any mineral or nutrient deficiency at this point. The leaves where a but delicate but I feel this is due to the use of LED lighting and not the nutrient. The ratio of nutrients gave me relatively quick compact growth with few issues. I feel that a great addition to this one part program would be any silica agent and a healthy does of beneficial organisms.

Bloom

The Bloom I have mixed feelings about when it comes to peppers. I find that about 25-50 ppm of cal-mag is needed to avoid deficiency. I now This is partly due to using CoCo and my local water supply so you mileage my vary. I will say the Tiny Tim tomatoes I gave the extra nutrient solution loved the mix and excellent fruit set with no sign of bloom rot. Even though I am having issues with fruit set on the peppers I will give recommendations for improvement based on the tomatoes response. The addition on a sweetener product seems to help quite a bit.

1 comment: