Monday, December 27, 2010

Cherry Tomatoes are recovering, small blossoms forming


Well things are kind of slowing down this week, the temperature has fallen in the apartment but I can’t have a $100+ heating bill again so the show must go on.  The wilting/ crumbling leaf problem I had on the cherry tomatoes in back as seemed to stop. I ended up changing the rez and using 800ppm of Flora Nova. I’m thinking the problem was too much nitrogen and not enough phosphorous. As I mentioned in my last post I was trying to raise my humidity from 30% to 50% on average and this turned out to be a big mistake in my situation. It snowed and the temp dropped in my apartment causing my tiny tims to from a pretty bad case of edema  ( cell wall breakage due to a high intake of water and low transpiration). I have lowered my relative humidity back down and the problem seems to be correcting itself. Now for the weekly pictures!









                As I mentioned in my last post I was trying to raise my humidity from 30% to 50% on average and this turned out to be a big mistake in my situation. It snowed and the temp dropped in my apartment causing my tiny tims to from a pretty bad case of edema  ( cell wall breakage due to a high intake of water and low transpiration). I have lowered my relative humidity back down and the problem seems to be correcting itself. Now for the weekly pictures!

1 comment:

  1. Many tomatoes will struggle with edema under LED lighting. Sometimes you can fix it by adjusting the environment, but sometimes the large amount of red light without the presence of far-red means the variety just isn't suited for LED growing. Tiny Tims though are known to do well under LED

    ReplyDelete